Wednesday 28 January 2009

Jazz Rocks

At Winstanley I play Tenor sax in Jazz band (for those who didn't know) and tonight we had the first of two performances this week. It rocked.

Started off with an emergency rehersal 3 hours before the concert to restore everybody's convidence after the dress rehersal yesterday went a bit pear-shaped. The rehersal went well and was very entertaining:
"That was a bit Sociology!"
No idea what that means exactly but I could tell from the way Paul (our conductor) said it that it wasn't a good thing, but he seemed pleased second time round. (There's many more fantastic quotes that escape my memory at the moment.)

After rehersal I got a chicken burger and chips from the chippie down the road (delicious) and then me and Maura disappeared off the face of the earth for an hour or so, which is always good.

When it finally got to concert time I was pumped up and ready to go, although the nerves were starting to creep in. Fortunately at the last minute Martin, the other Tenor, finally decided to show up which gave my confidence a boost. We did our usual set of 3 songs. It ran smoothly, for a change, and was really really good fun. I then got to sit and watch the rest of the show with Kirsty and Chris. Me and Chris tried to deafen Kirsty with our clapping, Chris was better at it than me but Kirsty was complaining that her ears hurted so I was happy (yes I'm evil I know :p).

The show ended about 20 past 9, which was far too soon as far as I was concerned, but tomorrow we get to do it all again. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment