Monday 19 January 2009

Arrgggghhhh

My weekend kinda sucked.

Starts off Friday night, I was tired and hungry and waiting for chinese take-away. Eventually after an hour or so of hinting at my mum she finally agrees to order. So I get the menu, go ask my dad if he's feeling well enough to eat, he is, and then my sister interupts.

How is it that siblings have this amazing ability to do exactly what would annoy you the most at any given moment?

So she naturally slows the whole thing down.

"Hey Kat, What do you want from the Chinese?"
"What are we ordering now?"
"Yes, hence the menu."
"Have you talked to mum?"
"Yes, she gave me the menu"
"Where is she?"
"She's talking to Pete in the kitchen."
"Go get her."
"Why? She's busy can't we just order."
"Just go get her"
"No, just tell me what you want and I'll order."
"But it's MY meal, I need to talk to mum."
"Why the hell do you need to talk to mum?"
"Cause I want to order starters and stuff."
"Well tell me what you want and I'll order it."
"I want to talk to mum."
I gave up and went and sat back down on the computer.
10 minutes later:
"Robbie, What do you want to order?"
"Finally, can I have a look at the menu?"
"No we're sharing what would you like?"
"Can't I pick what I want?"
"FINE!!"
I look at the menu and pick some random chicken dish.
"Actually I don't want you at MY meal if you're being stroppy, you can cook yourself something."
"Fine I'll cook myself some pasta."
I go boil the kettle then pour myself a cup of hot ribena so as to not waste the energy.
"Robbie you can eat with us just stop being so stroppy."
"How was I being stroppy?"
"Why did you boil the kettle just now then?" She walks off.
"I wanted some hot ribena." (To the closed door)

Eventually I got my chinese and it was very nice but that wasn't the end of my sister's last run of annoyance.
Saturday we went to watch Australia, on her demand, it was honestly the most boring film in existance. Then Sunday lunch, our last meal together, she spends most of it accusing me of being snobby and generally being in a really bad mood.

So I know I should miss her and all, but honestly I am slightly glad she's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment