Saturday 9 May 2009

Float on

I had my first serious revision session today for my summer AS modules, it's maybe a bit late to get started since my first exam is monday (it's general studies though and that so doesn't count) but better late than never.

I think I might actually be going crazy, I'm kinda enjoying it. All my notes are in very pretty colours and my music gets gradually louder as I turn it up when yet another amazing song comes on. However I still can't keep at it for very long, my brain just runs out of energy to put the words on the page. I got about an hour done.

Speaking of lack of energy, I've cycled to college 5 times now. It's about 14 miles each way according to google maps, takes me between an hour and 1 hour 15 minutes. The first time I got a little bit lost on the way, but cleverly left myself plenty of time anticipating such problems. By about the third attempt I'd found my final route.

The most recent journey went less smoothly however. I was on my way up to bed, still unsure whether to cycle the next day or not, and as I was saying goodnight to my parents (like a good little boy :-P) I spotted the weather forcast on tv. I waited for a couple of minutes to see how the next day was going to pan out before heading up to bed. The prediction was dry but windy. I hate wind when I'm cycling, so I decided that if it looked as bad as predicted in the morning I'd get the bus.

I woke up the next day and it was as calm as I am before a general studies exam (ridiculously). So I packed my rucksack, unchained my bike, and headed off. I made it to college in record time, one hour dead, so had plenty of time for my shower before physics despite setting off ten minutes late. Or I would have had if the changing rooms had been open. As it turned out I ended up making do with a spray of deodorant and getting changed in the toilets.

Turns out the weather forcast isn't always wrong, and the wind picked up during the day. I wasn't too worried. From my previous experiences it hindered on the way there and helped on the way home. That wasn't the case that day though.

I got out of biology 10 minutes early and was out the college car park before the queue formed by the exit. I made it up the mahussive hill not far from college and was speeding down the far side. Well I should have been. Even with the steep slope that typically took me 10 minutes on the way there and 2 minutes on the way home, I was going suprising slowly. The air was whistling through my ears, but my wheels were barely moving.

Ahh.

It was going to be a long ride home.

By the time I'd made it through Skem I was ready to throw my bike on a bus and take the easy way home. Unfortunately there were none. By the time I got to Long Lane, the last stretch before I reach home, I was pratically swearing at the wind and seriously considering sitting in a ditch by the road and waiting for the wind to drop.

One hour 20 minutes I made it in, normally the home journey's quicker since it's mainly downhill. I lost the race against the bus, which I've actually won once, by miles, literally.

Since then it's been a good weekend though. I've finished all my AS lessons, I'll never have to pay attention in Biology EVER again, had a very enjoyable evening last night and a fun day of procrastination today. As always the real work will start tomorrow. I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment