Thursday 14 May 2009

WWJKD (What would James Kirk Do?)

It's been a good day, it's been a good week.

After the doss that is general studies on monday I spent a very enjoyable tuesday at Maura's. Wednesday was spent "revising", I'm not quite sure what happened to it, and today was just great.

I got woken up ridiculously early by my parents again, they're determined that I will start working before 9, and refuse to listen to my arguements that that's earlier than college starts. I did do some work but soon inspiration faded and I started off on the hour long journey to Kirsty's a bit early. After stopping by Morrison's to buy a 50p pack of Jaffa Cakes (bargain) I got the bus without hassel and was only slightly later than I had guessed arriving at Kirsty's.

We spent an hour or so talking, catching up with gossip since I'd not been in college for a whole 3 days, we set off for Wigan. McDonald's was the first port of call where we met up with the others and got lunch. Double cheeseburger and a Big Mac meal, that's what I'm talking about! Then headed off to the cinema via Asda to get more snacks.

Star Trek was awesome, I know I sound like such a geek saying that but it was fantastic in my opinion. After that we all headed home. I got back on my bus just before it started to rain. It still hasn't stopped.

Now normally rain is no big deal but I had a half hour walk from bus stop to my home ahead of me. At some point I decided just screw it I'll get wet, and I did. But there was something brilliant about deciding just screw it. My whole attitude changed, I couldn't give a damn about anything, at all. The best thing was nothing could worsen my mood, which would have probably seemed terrible to anyone I bumped into, just because I didn't care. I was prepared to ignore anything I didn't like, or couldn't be bothered dealing with, and just get on with the things I did like. I kinda hope it sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment