Wednesday 27 May 2009

2 weeks

I've just realised how long it's been since I last did a blog, I would blame exam pressure and how busy my life is at the moment, but that would be a load of rubbish. The fact is I'm on exam leave and making the most of my days off mainly by sitting around and doing... nothing really. At least by leaving it 2 weeks I should have some interesting things to say, that's if I can remember anything.

Between completing several games of Civilisation 4 I have managed to find time to revise for and sit a couple of exams, maths and physics. Physics was 6 days ago and was an interesting experience. I had to guess my way through it, more than usual, but everybody else said it was impossible so I still have hope. Maths, last friday, ran as smoothly as every maths exam seem to does, lucky for some hey :P.

I have managed to have a life outside of exams as well. I was at a party about ten days ago with quite a lot of people I don't know. I survived by not getting too drunk while most other people seemed to be drinking until they no longer could and chatting to the more sober ones. I had a nice walk round Aughton while on my way home via 4 other people's houses and on the whole it was quite a fun night.

The next day I played hockey on a hangover for the first time, which was made more interesting by me playing outfield for the first time in 3 years. It was great fun though, even if we did come 5th out of 6, and at the awards evening afterwards I got to stuff myself with pizza and laugh as my captain got really quite drunk.

Then there was my first week of real exams as mentioned above. The fun really started after my maths exam. Ok so some people are going to call me crazy for thinking that this weekend was fun, but it really was. Starts off straight after my exam, after a quick run round college checking what other people thought of the exam, reassuring them they'd done fine etc. etc., I get in the car and my dad drives us up to carlisle.

We stop twice on the way so my dad can pick up his cups of coffee and I can get some food down me before the hard day ahead. Eventually we left the M6 near Carlisle and headed along the road that runs along side Hadrian's Wall. It started off hilly, then got worse. I got more and more anxious as we drove along the road, losing my stomach every couple of minutes as we went over another crest, and getting especially worried as the road took a definate downhill direction. This was going to be an interesting day.

Eventually about 20 miles along the road we met the group of cyclists we had been looking for. I unloaded my bike from the back of the car, put my helmet, shades and gloves on and followed the cyclists up the hill while my dad unloaded my stuff from the car into the minibus that was our support vehicle for the weekend.

I'm going to have to break the rest up into individual entries for each day, otherwise this is going to go on for page after page, and you'll get bored quite quickly so watch this space.





It didn't do much did it. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment