Wednesday 22 April 2009

Weather to Fly

I got back from Peru last Friday, the journey was long and tiring and lasted near enough 24 hours but there was just a short while, on the plane, that was incredible.

It was getting late Peruvian time, and early English time, so the cabin lights were turned down and most people were asleep. We'd been told to close the window blinds so that we didn't get woken up by the sunrise, but I kept looking out every now and then to check what I could see.

I'd been trying to sleep for a few hours, while listening to Elbow on my iPod, but had had no luck so far. It must hav been about 2am when I glanced out the window to see a deep red moon rising over the cloudy horizon and the stars in the sky shining away. The moon continued to rise, and spin, as we raced Northwards over the Atlantic and I saw a shooting star out the corner of my eye at one point. With the darkness and almost silence on the plane it felt majestic.

Anyway I made it home without hassle and I'd loved the last few days in Peru. I'm back into routine at college with exams looming and, well, I miss Peru. But that's life, and life goes on.

2 comments:

  1. sounds special :)
    hope skl etc is going ok...
    catch up at some point maybe?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop being so amazing at this blogging thing. xxxx

    ReplyDelete