Tuesday 19 August 2014

Dear Madam,

You're wonderful, there's no doubting that. We have this beautiful connection that I like to dream is unique but still doubt that it is. The trouble is I see you get on so well with so many people, so although at times I feel like we fit together like no one ever has before when I stop and think about it I suspect that this is just how you make people feel. I need to know your flaws, I need to know why it wouldn't work but mainly I just need to grow up. A few years ago there's no doubt I would have chased this, but now time is more precious, especially the time we've both spent elsewhere.

Maybe one day our worlds will have both come crashing down around us, and we'll have so little left to lose that we can try it. Until then I'm afraid we have to be responsible adults. I'll always treasure you as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment